Bhutto assassination: UN team meets ISI chief
Islamabad: The UN panel probing the assassination of Pakistan’s former premier Benazir Bhutto has met Inter Services Intelligence (ISI) director General Lt Gen Ahmed Shuja Pasha here as part of its investigation.
According to reports, the meet came a day after President Asif Ali Zardari permitted the visiting UN team to record statements of ISI’s director, Chief of Army Staff Gen Ashfaq Parvez Kayani, and other senior military officers.
In the latest news report, the three-member UN team managed to get Zardari’s nod during a meeting at the Presidency yesterday.
The team called on Pasha immediately after the meeting at the agency’s Islamabad headquarters.
During the meeting, Zardari said the people of Pakistan are awaiting the findings of the UN panel probing the assassination of his wife so that the circumstances behind her death could be fully uncovered.
"The whole nation awaits the findings of the UN Commission so that the causes and the circumstances that led to such a great loss for the nation could be completely unearthed," Zardari told members of the panel currently visiting Pakistan during a meeting.
The commission was originally scheduled to submit its report to the UN Secretary General within six months from starting its investigation in June last year.
However, the time for completing the task was extended by three months as the report could not be completed in the stipulated timeframe.
The commission will submit its report to the UN Secretary General and also share it with the Pakistan government, presidential spokesman Farhatullah Babar said.
(With PTI inputs)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk - Part II
- Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra honoured in Haryana
- Watch: Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra addresses people of Haryana
- India successfully test fires futuristic Scramjet Rocket Engine
- Special education programme for disabled in Delhi govt schools
- Scrapping 15-year old vehicles: Draft policy to to be ready in a fortnight
- Just Awesome! WATCH KL Rahul score incredible ton against West Indies in just 46 balls
- Walking can cut cardiovascular death by half
- When Robert Vadra had verbal spat with BJP MLA Ganesh Joshi over police horse Shaktiman's death - ALL DETAILS HERE