Bhutto’s kids defend father, poke fun at cousin Fatima
Islamabad: Slain former Pakistan premier Benazir Bhutto`s children are using the social networking website Twitter to defend their father President Asif Ali Zardari and to settle scores with their cousin Fatima Bhutto.
"The man lampooned unfairly by the country`s powerful establishment as `Mr 10 percent` has in fact given 110 percent back to the country," read a tweet by Benazir`s elder daughter Bakhtawar Bhutto Zardari.
"For the first time in the history of this country, a democratically elected President has voluntarily given up his power..." Bakhtawar tweeted when Zardari signed into law a landmark Constitution reforms package which stripped the President of his sweeping powers.
Bakhtawar`s brother Bilawal, who is co-chairman of the ruling Pakistan People`s Party, is also doing his best to popularise the party.
"I wish Zia (Gen Zia-ul-Haq) had lived. I wish he had lived to witness our revenge," Bilawal, 21, tweeted some hours ago.
Bilawal tweeted a famous Zia quote - "Men are in charge of women because Allah has made one superior to the other... good women are obedient" - and said that he wished the military dictator who died in 1988 had lived to see the new Pakistan.
"I wish he had lived despite the fact that he murdered members of my family. I wish he had lived to see the day we elected the Muslim world`s first female PM. I wish he had lived to see us elect the first female speaker of our National Assembly," Bilawal tweeted.
However, the tweets are not just about their parents. The Bhutto-Zardari siblings have also been tweeting about their pet peeve - cousin Fatima Bhutto - who recently released her tell-all book on the Bhutto dynasty.
Bakhtawar tweeted to her brother recently: "Your sister doesn`t know how to spell my name. She keeps tweeting fake love to randomers. Sad now."
In another tweet she told Bilawal, "I know, you never tweet love me. Sigh. I`ll accept all the other mediums of love though so it`s okay."
Bakhtawar, a student at Edinburgh, discloses her location and also her webpage. She introduces herself as lyricist, enthusiast and nationalist.
Benazir`s youngest daughter Aseefa, who is Pakistan`s polio ambassador, has protected her tweets but is also doing her bit to promote her dead mother.
Aseefa is studying at Edinburgh and is a fan of vampires.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- BBV: What challenges lie ahead of Modi govt?
- DNA analysis of rising water crisis in India!
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- DNA: Delhi shop owners express their plight through Zee initiative 'My News'
- Watch: Zee Media mega survey on Modi govt- Part 2
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- Jharkhand: Firing during Dhanbad municipal elections, many injured
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Reservation stir: Five percent job quota to Gujjars unlikely, hints Rajasthan govt
- Check cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 10 Result 2015
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- First look: Aamir Khan joins Shah Rukh to promote Salman's ‘Bajrangi Bhaijaan’