`Bilawal Bhutto not yet full-fledged leader of PPP`
Islamabad: Bilawal Bhutto`s political career has been launched but he was "now `under training` rather than a full-fledged leader of the party", observed a Pakistani daily on Friday.
The event held at Garhi Khuda Bakhsh to mark late former prime minister Benazir Bhutto`s fifth death anniversary was essentially an electoral rally, said an editorial in the News International.
"This gathering at the Bhutto stronghold was significant in several ways.”
"As predicted, Bilawal Bhutto`s political career was launched. His father, however, made it a point to emphasise that the young Bilawal was now `under training` rather than a full-fledged leader of the party," said the daily.
It observed that this offers "Bilawal a protective cushion during the years ahead when he is likely to take an increasingly central role in party affairs".
The editorial said that in truth it was an all-out launch of the Pakistan People’s Party (PPP) campaign. "It was one dominated - predictably enough - by Benazir`s widower President Asif Ali Zardari and her son, Bilawal Bhutto."
"The tone taken by both was aggressive - setting the starting blocks in place for what will certainly be a close and acrimonious electoral contest. Since it was Zardari`s last chance to address a `political` gathering, he was eager to achieve as much as possible."
The daily noted the presence of former premier Yousuf Raza Gilani at the event.
"It is clear that the PPP leadership feels it needs Gilani`s influence and political strength as election tactics and strategies are contemplated and thoughts turn to winning seats in key areas. The party then has every intention of putting on its knuckle dusters as the polls approach...," said the editorial.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Five unmanned parachutes spotted over Mumbai airport
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- LIVE - Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced shortly
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- Online filing of applications for UPSC civil services exam begins
- Not just today, Muslims feeling alienated since 1947: Najma Heptulla
- Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 declared
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- Mathura rally: PM Modi slams 'corrupt' UPA regime, lauds NDA govt's efforts in past one year
- Pakistan criticizes Defence Minister Parrikar's terrorism remarks
- Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others as Gujjar agitation continues