Bilawal Bhutto to have his political baptism
London: Pakistan`s emerging new star,
Bilawal Bhutto may have his political baptism here when he
formally takes over the reins of the ruling Pakistan People`s
Party from his father Asif Ali Zardari.
Bilawal, 21, described by BBC "as the young heir to
Pakistan`s most important political dynasty," is expected to
take over at a rally in Birmingham in Central England on
Bilawal who has graduated with a degree in History
from the famous Christ Church college at Oxford, considered to
be cradle of politicians worldwide, has been at his father`s
side during his recent visit to France and UK.
The young Bhutto who is already the Chairman of PPP is
expected to give a speech before several thousands of his
party supporters, alongsside his father.
Apparently due to floods and terror attacks back home,
the PPP is playing down the significance of the event.
"Bilawal will be there and will make a speech," the PPP
coordinator Waheed Rasab said here.
"The rally would be a significant pointer," the party
leader here said, adding that Bilawal having finished his
studies is likely headed home.
His assasinated mother, late Benazir Bhutto has
written in her autobiography that she gave birth to Bilawal
amidst celebratory scenes, where shouts of "jive Bhutto" were
"The most celebrated and politically controvesial baby
in the history of Pakistan had been born," she wrote.
But the massive rally is also facing opposition.
Pakistan`s cricketer-turned-politician Imran Khan`s
Tehreek-e-Insaf party has threatened to launch protest at the
Rabia Zia, coordinator of the party in the UK said,
"Pakistanis are struggling to cope with the worst floods in 80
years while the `elected` President is visiting UK using
"This is the height of callousness," she said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- Arvind Kejriwal takes U-turn on water promise, says BJP
- PM Modi breaks silence on Dadri lynching incident
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- Rahul Gandhi takes potshot at PM Narendra Modi's fashion sense - Watch
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!