Bilawal Bhutto Zardari on Twitter
Islamabad: Ruling Pakistan People`s Party chief Bilawal Bhutto Zardari on Thursday became the latest member of the Bhutto-Zardari family to take to Twitter, with his sister Aseefa announcing his arrival at the micro-blogging website.
Bilawal, 22, the son of President Asif Ali Zardari and slain former premier Benazir Bhutto, gained over 500 followers within hours of joining Twitter, where his handle is @BBhuttoZardari.
His first tweet, to his sister Aseefa, was: "how do I fix my profile picture so our faces aren`t cut off?" This was in response to Aseefa`s tweet welcoming him to Twitter.
Bilawal is following 22 people and most of his tweets thanked those who welcomed him to Twitter, including Pakistan`s Ambassador to the US, Hussain Haqqani, a frequent user of the micro-blogging site.
Among those Bilawal is following on Twitter are Interior Minister Rehman Malik and Shehrbano Taseer, the daughter of assassinated Punjab Governor Salmaan Taseer.
Aseefa and her elder sister Bakhtawar have often used Twitter to defend their father, President Zardari, in the face of criticism from his detractors or to keep alive the memory of their mother, who was assassinated by a suicide bomber in 2007.
Bilawal was made chief of the PPP after Benazir Bhutto`s assassination.
His father effectively heads the PPP and Bilawal has indicated he had no immediate plans to enter active politics.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ceasefire violations by Pak: Should India carry out surgical strike part-II?
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- Meet Lynlee Hope - Texas baby who was 'born' twice!
- Intelligence agencies warn of firing by Pakistan along LoC, international border
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Diwali 2016: Dhanteras Puja timings, Tithi and Vidhi
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- UPA govt thought of attacking Lashkar HQ, training camps after 26/11 strike, claims ex-NSA Shivshankar Menon