Bilawal Bhutto Zardari tells Pak politicians to `wake up` to Taliban menace
Zee Media Bureau
Islamabad: Even as the Pakistani government is mulling holding peace talks with the militant group Taliban, Bilawal Bhutto Zardari, patron-in-chief of PPP, has called for military action against militant groups like Taliban.
In an interview to BBC, Bilawal said that while "dialogue is always an option," he urged to take military action against the militant groups.
Bilwal Bhutto Zardari is the son of Pakistan President Asif Ali Zardari and slain former prime minister Benazir Bhutto.
Referring to the assassination of his mother and former prime minister Benazir Bhutto, he said that the 2007 killing should have woken up the country to the Taliban threat.
Bilawal said that it is time to "wake up" to the threat even as the Pakistan National Assembly discussed the growing danger that the militants are posing in the wake of recent attacks.
However, it failed to derive at a conclusion on whether or not it should hold peace talks with Taliban on Monday.
During the interview, he further spoke about assuming bigger role in Pakistani politics and would consider being parts of elections due in 2018.
Bilawal said that he never saw himself as being part of politics but the present state of the country motivates him to work towards making Pakistan a nation that his mother dreamt of.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand