Bilawal calls for medical board to examine Musharraf`s ailment
Islamabad: Pakistan Peoples Party leader Bilawal Bhutto Zardari on Thursday demanded constitution of an independent medical board to verify Pervez Musharraf`s heart ailment, hours after the former military ruler was admitted to an army hospital.
"All medical excuses must be verified by an independent board of doctors. I have an ouchy is no excuses to skip your treason case," 25-year-old Patron-in-Chief of the PPP tweeted.
"I can`t believe this coward ever wore the uniform of our brave and courageous armed forces. #disgrace," Bilawal said, launching a scathing attack on Musharraf.
70-year-old former president`s international spokesperson retaliated to Bilawal`s remarks, tweeting, "How dare you make such insinuations against Gen #Musharraf. Don`t forget your father while in office was airlifted to Dubai."
Bilawal has been increasing voicing his views on various issues and has announced that he and his sisters, Aseefa and Bakhtawar, would become part of the political mainstream before the next general election in 2018.
Bilawal`s sister Aseefa tweeted,"Hope for #Musharraf`s speedy recovery so he can finally enter the court".
Musharraf who had to appear before the special treason court was rushed to a hospital today.
He left his heavily guarded farmhouse on the outskirts of Islamabad to attend the treason case hearing but on his way he complained of chest pain.
Musharraf`s convoy was immediately diverted to Armed Forces Institute of Cardiology (AFIC) in Rawalpindi for a medical checkup after which he was admitted.
Aasia Ishaque, spokesperson of Musharraf`s All Pakistan Muslim League (APML) party said, "He suffered a severe heart attack while he was on his way to the Court."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analyzing ground reality of life of poor and vagrant people in India
- DNA: Analysis of press conference between Rajnath Singh and Mehbooba Mufti on Kashmir violence
- DNA: Analysis of India's weaknesses in new inventions and discoveries
- DNA: Prasoon Joshi's hard-hitting poem depicting society's mentality towards females
- DNA: Encouraging the traditional Indian habit of eating food with hands
- Bodo outfits to restart statehood movement on August 30
- 92 paise insurance premium for train travellers from August 31
- Saina Nehwal drops four places to be no.9, status quo for PV Sindhu
- Mauritius to remain major FDI source till March 2019: Experts
- Abhinav Bindra to head NRAI review committee on Rio debacle