Bilawal defends his father against foreign visit criticism
London: Choosing not to plunge into
politics, Bilawal Bhutto on Saturday stood up in defence of his
father`s current foreign tour, saying he was doing his best to
help the people of Pakistan.
"He (Asif Ali Zardari) is doing his best to collect
relief for flood devastated victims in Pakistan," Bilawal
said, while opening a donation point here at the Pakistan High
"My father`s personal presence in Pakistan would not
be able to raise this much money," Bilawal told newsmen
apparently referring to criticism in Pakistan about Zardari`s
presence here, when he should have been back home directing
flood relief measures.
Bilawal claimed multi-million-dollar donations had
been raised in France, UK and Abu Dhabi. "If he thought he
could be more useful in Pakistan, I am sure he would be
The visiting Pakistan President did not join his son
at the donation point. He went to address a huge rally of his
PPP supporters at Birmingham.
Bilawal, who media reports said was to join his father
at the rally stayed away after media reports that he would
announce his intentions to plunge into politics.
But, in a statement circulated here and in Pakistan,
21-year-old Bilawal said, he would not join politics until he
completed his education.
"This is the promise I made to my late murder," he
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena Bora murder: Here's how the whole plan unfolded
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- DNA: 1965 Indo-Pak war- Analysis of India's victory and exposing Pakistan's lies
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Dawood, Hafiz Saeed to be in fix as US, India may join hands to nab them
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu