Bilawal meets Chinese officials on maiden visit
Beijing: Bilawal Bhutto Zardari, the chairman
of Pakistan`s ruling PPP, is on his maiden visit to China
where he is meeting senior officials of the Communist Party to
strike a rapport with the leaders of the country.
In a visit being seen as an attempt to take the close
Sino-Pak friendship to the next generation, Bilawal met Wang
Jiarui, Minister of the International Department of CPC
Central Committee on the sidelines of International Conference
of Asian Political Parties (ICAPP) in Nanning today.
Bilawal`s visit came close on the heels of his father,
President Asif Ali Zardari`s recent visit during which he was
accompanied by his daughters. The visit was Zardari`s seventh
visit to this country since he became President.
"The two leaders emphasised on carrying forward the
legendary friendship between Pakistan and China to the new
heights in the years to come," state-run APP news agency
The two leaders also agreed that Pakistan and China should
increase regional cooperation for ensuring peace, harmony, and
equitable development in the region.
Last week Zardari visited Xinjiang province along with his
daughters Bakhthawar and Asifa, saying that their presence was
aimed at establishing linkages for the next generation.
In another development, Pakistan and China have agreed in
principle to set up a Media University in Islamabad after
Pakistan Minister for Information and Broadcasting Firdous
Ashiq Awan meetings with Chinese officials.
China has offered a number of scholarships to students of
Mass Communications and Media professionals for PhD courses.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city