Bilawal to make first political speech on Saturday
London: Bilawal Bhutto, the son of
former Pakistani Premier Benazir Bhutto and President Asif Ali
Zardari, will deliver his first political speech as chairman
of the Pakistan People`s Party (PPP) in Birmingham on
The PPP convention is one of the key events of
Zardari`s current visit to Britain that has been clouded by
Prime Minister David Cameron`s comments in India that Pakistan
should stop "export of terror" to India and Afghanistan.
Bilawal was appointed chairman of the PPP after
Bhutto`s assassination in December 2007, but he had refrained
from particpating in active politics until he completed his
studies at Oxford.
Bilawal recently graduated from Christ Church College,
Saturday`s PPP convention is seen as Bilawal`s
political baptism as it will be his first political address to
party workers as the party chairman.
He is scheduled to make a grand return to Pakistan in
Last week, Bilawal, who turns 22 next month,
accompanied his father during talks with the French president
Nicholas Sarkozy in Paris.
Zardari, who arrived here last night for what is
expected to be a tense visit to Britain, will also address the
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail
- 'People's President' APJ Abdul Kalam laid to rest in Rameswaram
- Panel discussion on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's hanging
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi