Bilawal to make first political speech on Saturday
London: Bilawal Bhutto, the son of
former Pakistani Premier Benazir Bhutto and President Asif Ali
Zardari, will deliver his first political speech as chairman
of the Pakistan People`s Party (PPP) in Birmingham on
The PPP convention is one of the key events of
Zardari`s current visit to Britain that has been clouded by
Prime Minister David Cameron`s comments in India that Pakistan
should stop "export of terror" to India and Afghanistan.
Bilawal was appointed chairman of the PPP after
Bhutto`s assassination in December 2007, but he had refrained
from particpating in active politics until he completed his
studies at Oxford.
Bilawal recently graduated from Christ Church College,
Saturday`s PPP convention is seen as Bilawal`s
political baptism as it will be his first political address to
party workers as the party chairman.
He is scheduled to make a grand return to Pakistan in
Last week, Bilawal, who turns 22 next month,
accompanied his father during talks with the French president
Nicholas Sarkozy in Paris.
Zardari, who arrived here last night for what is
expected to be a tense visit to Britain, will also address the
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Iraqi army inches close to Baghdadi in Mosul- Report
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends