Bilawal to make first political speech on Saturday
London: Bilawal Bhutto, the son of
former Pakistani Premier Benazir Bhutto and President Asif Ali
Zardari, will deliver his first political speech as chairman
of the Pakistan People`s Party (PPP) in Birmingham on
The PPP convention is one of the key events of
Zardari`s current visit to Britain that has been clouded by
Prime Minister David Cameron`s comments in India that Pakistan
should stop "export of terror" to India and Afghanistan.
Bilawal was appointed chairman of the PPP after
Bhutto`s assassination in December 2007, but he had refrained
from particpating in active politics until he completed his
studies at Oxford.
Bilawal recently graduated from Christ Church College,
Saturday`s PPP convention is seen as Bilawal`s
political baptism as it will be his first political address to
party workers as the party chairman.
He is scheduled to make a grand return to Pakistan in
Last week, Bilawal, who turns 22 next month,
accompanied his father during talks with the French president
Nicholas Sarkozy in Paris.
Zardari, who arrived here last night for what is
expected to be a tense visit to Britain, will also address the
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- India mourns APJ Abdul Kalam; PM to receive body at Palam airport
- Kalam's body flown to Delhi; PM, Prez lead nation in paying homage
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral: Why Rameswaram was chosen over New Delhi?
- Zee Media Exclusive: Wife says Yakub Memon unwell, appeals to govt for clemency