Bilawal to take up ‘some political responsibility’ in September: Zardari
Islamabad: Pakistan People`s Party (PPP) chairman Bilawal Bhutto Zardari will “take up some political responsibility in September this year”, President Asif Ali Zardari has said.
Zardari’s announcement came during a meeting with PPP parliamentarians and office bearers from Gujranwala Division at the Presidency.
However, Zardari’s spokesman Farhatullah Khan Babar did not mention as to what “political responsibility” would be given to Bilawal Bhutto, the Dawn reports.
Bilawal was made the chairman of the PPP by Central Executive Committee (CEC) members at a meeting held in Naudero following the assassination of his mother and former prime minister, Benazir Bhutto.
The CEC had decided that till the completion of Bilawal’s education, his father Zardari would run the party affairs as the co-chairman.
“We have had no smooth sailing and, despite negative propaganda against the government and the party, we have not only survived but waded through gigantic challenges successfully and achieved significant achievements on all fronts,” Babar quoted Zardari, as telling party lawmakers and office-bearers.
“The PPP would continue the forward march and conquer all the challenges, and in the next two years we have to reach out to the people and also make new political alignments,” he added.
Zardari urged the PPP parliamentarians and office-bearers to dedicate themselves for the welfare of the people, as the government’s performance would determine the party position in the next general elections.
He said the people had reposed confidence in the party, adding: “We all must struggle both individually and collectively to come up to their expectations”.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ceasefire violations by Pak: Should India carry out surgical strike part-II?
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- Meet Lynlee Hope - Texas baby who was 'born' twice!
- DNA: Zee Media's campaign to celebrate Diwali with soldier's family
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Diwali 2016: Dhanteras Puja timings, Tithi and Vidhi
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- UPA govt thought of attacking Lashkar HQ, training camps after 26/11 strike, claims ex-NSA Shivshankar Menon