Bill tabled in US House to freeze all aid to Pak
Washington: A key American lawmaker from
Texas has introduced a resolution in the House of
Representative to freeze all US aid to Pakistan.
The House Resolution (No HR 3013) if passed will freeze
all US aid to Pakistan with the exception of funds that are
designated to help secure nuclear weapons.
"Since the discovery of Osama bin Laden in Abbottabad,
Pakistan has proven to be disloyal, deceptive and a danger to
the United States," Congressman Ted Poe said in a statement
after tabling the resolution in the House on Friday.
"This so-called ally continues to take billions in US aid, while at the same time supports the militants who attack us.
"The United States must immediately freeze all aid to Pakistan," said Poe, who is a member of the House Committee on
Pakistan has made it "painfully obvious" that they
will continue their policy of "duplicity and deceit" by
pretending to be US ally in the war on terror while
simultaneously promoting violent extremism, the Congressman
According Mike Mullen, Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of
Staff, just this month the Pakistani government supported the
groups who were behind both the truck bomb attack that wounded
more than 70 US and NATO Troops and the attack on the US
Embassy, Poe said.
The resolution has been sent to the House Foreign Affairs Committee for necessary action.
It is only after this key Congressional committee
approves the resolution that it will be sent to the House of
Notably only a few resolutions enter the House of
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Actor Irrfan Khan stirs controversy over statement on Ramadan rituals
- Is triple divorce system an infringement of the Indian Constitution?
- Is triple divorce system an infringement of the Indian Constitution? - Part II
- Is triple divorce system an infringement of the Indian Constitution? - Part III
- Is triple divorce system an infringement of the Indian Constitution? - Part IV
- Ramayana had another heroine besides SITA – Know more about her contributions
- Samajwadi Party 'goondaraj' in UP? Azam Khan slaps Project Engineer
- This gene puts you at increased kidney disease risk
- 7th Pay Commission: Here's why the latest bonanza won't amuse govt staffers much
- World Bank chief meets PM Modi, promises support to sustainable development