‘Blasphemy girl being favoured by doctors, officials`
Islamabad: The lawyer of the person who accused a minor Christian girl of committing blasphemy, has claimed that doctors and officials are "favouring" the girl.
Rao Abdur Raheem, the lawyer representing Rimsha Masih`s accuser, rejected the doctors` assessment.
"The victim has admitted that she burned a chapter of the Holy Quran. The doctors are favouring the victim and the state is also supporting her," the Daily Times quoted Raheem, as saying.
Raheem objected to the medical examination because it was carried out a day before the court formally requested it.
Rimsha, believed to be around 14 years of age and reportedly suffering from some mental disability, was allegedly seen burning pages inscribed with Quranic verses. The news of the desecration spread like wild fire, following which furious locals bashed up Rimsha and her mother. The police later arrested Rimsha on the demand of the locals.
Rimsha has been in judicial custody since August 16, and the hearing of her case has been adjourned for another two weeks.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Muslims worldwide had celebrated after 9/11: Donald Trump
- PM Modi congratulates Zee News for its efforts to promote energy conservation
- Reptile fossil explains how snakes lost their legs
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way