Blast at Kabul military hospital kills at least 3
Kabul: A powerful blast struck Kabul`s main military hospital on Saturday, killing at least three people and wounding many others, the Defence Ministry said.
Defence Ministry spokesman General Mohammed Zaher Azimi said the blast occurred at noon inside a tent on the grounds of the Mohammad Daud Khan military hospital in central Kabul. Afghan media reported that it was a suicide attack and another bomber might be on the hospital grounds.
Azimi could not confirm the reports on Tolo TV and said the Army was still investigating the cause of the blast. The area that was hit was used to train doctors, he added. He had no other details. The powerful explosion was heard around the capital.
"Tents are used because there is not enough space in the hospital. This area is used by university students for training and eating meals," Azimi said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- Madrasas that do not teach primary subjects to be considered 'non-schools', says Maharashtra govt
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren
- Congress 'weak' to stop Modi; Rahul 'out of touch' with reality: Hansraj Bhardwaj