Blast at Kabul military hospital kills at least 3
Kabul: A powerful blast struck Kabul`s main military hospital on Saturday, killing at least three people and wounding many others, the Defence Ministry said.
Defence Ministry spokesman General Mohammed Zaher Azimi said the blast occurred at noon inside a tent on the grounds of the Mohammad Daud Khan military hospital in central Kabul. Afghan media reported that it was a suicide attack and another bomber might be on the hospital grounds.
Azimi could not confirm the reports on Tolo TV and said the Army was still investigating the cause of the blast. The area that was hit was used to train doctors, he added. He had no other details. The powerful explosion was heard around the capital.
"Tents are used because there is not enough space in the hospital. This area is used by university students for training and eating meals," Azimi said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Watch: Reports on final deal of M-777 tanks between India and America
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends