Blast at Kabul military hospital kills at least 3
Kabul: A powerful blast struck Kabul`s main military hospital on Saturday, killing at least three people and wounding many others, the Defence Ministry said.
Defence Ministry spokesman General Mohammed Zaher Azimi said the blast occurred at noon inside a tent on the grounds of the Mohammad Daud Khan military hospital in central Kabul. Afghan media reported that it was a suicide attack and another bomber might be on the hospital grounds.
Azimi could not confirm the reports on Tolo TV and said the Army was still investigating the cause of the blast. The area that was hit was used to train doctors, he added. He had no other details. The powerful explosion was heard around the capital.
"Tents are used because there is not enough space in the hospital. This area is used by university students for training and eating meals," Azimi said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to expand your existing business
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists, says Farooq Abdullah
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- UP: DM B Chandrakala participates in anti-riots drill in Bulandshahr
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- Russian MP dies while ‘having sex’ inside car - Read
- Ban on Salman Rushdie's 'The Satanic Verses' by Rajiv Gandhi govt was a mistake: P Chidambaram
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list