Blast destroys three shops in Karachi
Islamabad: Three shops were destroyed in an explosion Saturday in Pakistan`s port city of Karachi, media reports said. There were no casualties.
The blast took place inside a medical store in the SITE Metroville area, Dawn News reported.
Police said the explosion was carried out using a hand grenade. But the bomb disposal squad which examined the site said the explosives were planted.
The explosion also damaged hand-carts and makeshift shops in the vicinity.
The medical store owner, also a local leader of a political party, said he had been receiving threats, and that his store had been attacked in the past.
Police told Geo News that a few unidentified men hurled "crackers" at the medical store and fled the scene.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan chased by a tiger!
- Caught on camera: Woman stealing cell phone in store
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Panel discussion on Kejriwal's poisonous radio ad on Dadri incident
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- Rahul Gandhi takes potshot at PM Narendra Modi's fashion sense - Watch
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!