Blast destroys three shops in Karachi
Islamabad: Three shops were destroyed in an explosion Saturday in Pakistan`s port city of Karachi, media reports said. There were no casualties.
The blast took place inside a medical store in the SITE Metroville area, Dawn News reported.
Police said the explosion was carried out using a hand grenade. But the bomb disposal squad which examined the site said the explosives were planted.
The explosion also damaged hand-carts and makeshift shops in the vicinity.
The medical store owner, also a local leader of a political party, said he had been receiving threats, and that his store had been attacked in the past.
Police told Geo News that a few unidentified men hurled "crackers" at the medical store and fled the scene.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- J Jayalalithaa passes away: Know what all she left behind in assets