Blast in northwest Pakistan; 1 killed, 10 wounded
Islamabad: One person was killed and 10 others were injured on Thursday when a bomb went off in a crowded market in Peshawar city of northwest Pakistan, officials said.
The explosion occurred at around noon in a mobile phone market at Hashtnagri in Peshawar, the capital of the restive Khyber-Pakhtunkhwa province.
Police and rescue service officials said one person was killed. Officials at a nearby hospital said they had received 10 injured people.
No group claimed responsibility for the bombing though such attacks are usually blamed on the banned Pakistani Taliban.
Hundreds of people have died in terrorist attacks across Khyber-Pakhtunkhwa in the past five years and the Chief Minister of the province recently survived an assassination bid by a Taliban suicide bomber.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- AAP MLA Amantulla Khan arrested for misbehaving with a woman
- Fight for respect towards Dalits in UP merely a vote-garnering strategy?
- Fight for respect towards Dalits in UP merely a vote-garnering strategy? - Part II
- Fight for respect towards Dalits in UP merely a vote-garnering strategy? - Part III
- In or out? Did Sidhu really quit BJP and join AAP!
- Rajnath Singh sends out stern message to Pakistan, says 'we don't need third party in Kashmir'
- Declare India a 'Hindu state', says Shiv Sena president Uddhav Thackeray
- AN-32 search still on, ISRO satellite imagery sought
- What is the purpose of human life—Know here!