Blast in northwest Pakistan; 1 killed, 10 wounded
Islamabad: One person was killed and 10 others were injured on Thursday when a bomb went off in a crowded market in Peshawar city of northwest Pakistan, officials said.
The explosion occurred at around noon in a mobile phone market at Hashtnagri in Peshawar, the capital of the restive Khyber-Pakhtunkhwa province.
Police and rescue service officials said one person was killed. Officials at a nearby hospital said they had received 10 injured people.
No group claimed responsibility for the bombing though such attacks are usually blamed on the banned Pakistani Taliban.
Hundreds of people have died in terrorist attacks across Khyber-Pakhtunkhwa in the past five years and the Chief Minister of the province recently survived an assassination bid by a Taliban suicide bomber.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- Hrithik Roshan, Yami Gautam's 'Kaabil' trailer shocks Rakesh Roshan
- VIRAL VIDEO: Damn cute! Why this 9-week-old's full head of hair is shocking the internet - WATCH