Blast in northwest Pakistan kills two
Islamabad: Two persons were killed and six others, including a former provincial legislator, injured in a bomb blast in Pakistan`s restive northwest Sunday, police said.
The blast targeted the motorcade of Awami National Party leader Adnan Wazir, a former member of the Khyber-Pakhtunkhwa Assembly, in Wali Noor area of Bannu district.
Wazir, a candidate for the May 11 polls, was on his way to an election rally at the time of the attack.
Rescue teams and police took the wounded to a nearby hospital, where two persons succumbed to their injuries.
Wazir sustained minor injuries and was out of danger, officials said.
Police officials said the explosive device was triggered by remote control.
No group claimed responsibility for the attack.
The banned Tehrik-e-Taliban Pakistan has threatened to attack the ANP and the Pakistan People’s Party during the election campaign.
The militants have warned people not to attend the election rallies of these political parties.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav