Blast in Pakistan kills two children
Islamabad: Two children were killed and 13
others were injured when a bomb went off near the home of a
tribal elder in the restive Khyber tribal region of northwest
Pakistan on Saturday, officials said.
The bomb was detonated by remote control as a group of
people were leaving the home of tribal elder Malik Rasool Jan
Shinwari at Landi Kotal in Khyber Agency.
The people had gathered at his residence for a jirga or
tribal council, officials said.
Personnel from the Khassadar Force took 15 injured people
to a nearby hospital, where a young boy and girl succumbed to
Five of the wounded, who were in a serious condition, were
shifted to a hospital in Peshawar.
No group claimed responsibility for the attack.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dadri lynching: Is Kejriwal spreading poison between Hindus and Muslims?
- Muslims asked to sprinkle cow urine on body in order to be part of Garba festivities
- Dadri lynching: Rahul Gandhi reaches Dadri, meets victim Iqlakh's family
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Dadri lynching: Prime accused's father refutes allegations; says son is innocent
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Russia bombs ISIS headquarters in Syria, video goes viral on internet - Watch
- In Pics: Indian Super League 2015 opening ceremony!
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate