Blast in Pakistan kills two children
Islamabad: Two children were killed and 13
others were injured when a bomb went off near the home of a
tribal elder in the restive Khyber tribal region of northwest
Pakistan on Saturday, officials said.
The bomb was detonated by remote control as a group of
people were leaving the home of tribal elder Malik Rasool Jan
Shinwari at Landi Kotal in Khyber Agency.
The people had gathered at his residence for a jirga or
tribal council, officials said.
Personnel from the Khassadar Force took 15 injured people
to a nearby hospital, where a young boy and girl succumbed to
Five of the wounded, who were in a serious condition, were
shifted to a hospital in Peshawar.
No group claimed responsibility for the attack.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Exclusive chat with Ranchi's visually challenged singer Tumpa Kumari
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Kailash Vijayvargiya on Akshay Singh's death: Is a journalist bigger than me?
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K, one BSF jawan killed in Kupwara
- Mass failure in DU exam: HRD Minister Smriti Irani asks officials to enquire
- Suspicious Iranian boat seized off Kerala coast, Pakistani ID card recovered