Blast in PoK, 13 injured
Islamabad: Thirteen people, most of them police and civil defence personnel, were injured when an explosive device presumed to have been defused went off in Rawlakot area of Pakistan-occupied Kashmir.
A man spotted the explosive device, planted in a tiffin carrier, near a bus stop on a road leading to an army brigade office at Kharick on the outskirts of Rawlakot and informed police about it late on Tuesday.
Superintendent of Police Sajjad Ahmed said policemen cordoned off the spot where the metal box was placed. The box contained sensors, wires and switches. After working on the device for some time, the bomb disposal squad said early yesterday morning that it had been defused.
As parts of the device were being taken to a police vehicle, the explosives went off. Six civil defence personnel, three policemen and four other persons were injured in the blast.
A school owned by a retired general that is located near the area where the bomb was found could have been the target, police said.
PoK has witnessed five bombings, including three suicide attacks, since June last year. Two of the suicide attacks targeted the Pakistan Army.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- J Jayalalithaa passes away: Know what all she left behind in assets
- After Jayalalithaa, Sasikala Natarajan holds all cards – Know more about her