Blast outside Pak Navy office in Karachi, 1 killed
Karachi: A bomb went off outside a Pakistan Navy office in the southern port city of Karachi on Thursday, killing at least one person and injuring three others.
The bomb was hidden in a motorcycle that was in a parking area for two-wheelers outside the office at the Naval Colony in Baldia Town area, police officials said.
The identity of the dead and injured could not immediately be ascertained. Police said two suspects were arrested soon after the blast.
The Pakistan Navy office disbursed salaries of naval employees. It windows were blown out by the blast, which also damaged several motorcycles in the parking lot.
Personnel from the Navy and Pakistan Rangers cordoned off the site after the blast and launched an investigation.
Ambulances rushed the injured to nearby hospitals. No group claimed responsibility for the attack. Karachi is the main base for the Pakistan Navy.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBI confirms Delhi health minister Satyendra Jain's indulgence in Hawala business
- Watch: CM Yogi Adityanath's first speech in UP Assembly house
- Should army take strict action against stone pelters of J&K?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- The Kapil Sharma Show: No Sunday episode this weekend? Here’s why
- India vs Australia: Virat Kohli takes reconciliatory path, says his friendship comment was 'blown out of proportion'
- Sunil Grover joining AIB? Here’s the truth
- Reliance Jio closes in on 50 million paid users