Blast outside Pak Navy office in Karachi, 1 killed
Karachi: A bomb went off outside a Pakistan Navy office in the southern port city of Karachi on Thursday, killing at least one person and injuring three others.
The bomb was hidden in a motorcycle that was in a parking area for two-wheelers outside the office at the Naval Colony in Baldia Town area, police officials said.
The identity of the dead and injured could not immediately be ascertained. Police said two suspects were arrested soon after the blast.
The Pakistan Navy office disbursed salaries of naval employees. It windows were blown out by the blast, which also damaged several motorcycles in the parking lot.
Personnel from the Navy and Pakistan Rangers cordoned off the site after the blast and launched an investigation.
Ambulances rushed the injured to nearby hospitals. No group claimed responsibility for the attack. Karachi is the main base for the Pakistan Navy.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof
- PM Narendra Modi ropes in Nandan Nilekani to boost process of digital payments post demonetisation
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145