Blast outside Pak Navy office in Karachi, 1 killed
Karachi: A bomb went off outside a Pakistan Navy office in the southern port city of Karachi on Thursday, killing at least one person and injuring three others.
The bomb was hidden in a motorcycle that was in a parking area for two-wheelers outside the office at the Naval Colony in Baldia Town area, police officials said.
The identity of the dead and injured could not immediately be ascertained. Police said two suspects were arrested soon after the blast.
The Pakistan Navy office disbursed salaries of naval employees. It windows were blown out by the blast, which also damaged several motorcycles in the parking lot.
Personnel from the Navy and Pakistan Rangers cordoned off the site after the blast and launched an investigation.
Ambulances rushed the injured to nearby hospitals. No group claimed responsibility for the attack. Karachi is the main base for the Pakistan Navy.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Uttarakhand forest fire: Director of Delhi's Fire Dept to visit hill state today, govt to press MI-17 choppers; at least 6 dead
- First phase of NEET examination today as Supreme Court says allow exam to be held
- Andhra Pradesh to become first 'Open Defecation Free' state
- SC, ST promotions: Shivraj Singh-led government to move Supreme Court
- Bombed Brussels airport departure hall to reopen today