Blast rips through a minibus in Pak, nine killed
Islamabad: Nine persons were killed and 10 others wounded on Saturday when a powerful blast ripped through a minibus on the outskirts of Peshawar city of northwest Pakistan, police and witnesses said.
Police officials said a bomb planted inside the minibus exploded as the vehicle was passing through a market in the suburb of Mattani this afternoon.
A woman was among those killed instantly by the blast, they said. Ten injured people, including two women and a child, were taken to a nearby hospital, officials said.
About 20 people were in the minibus at the time of the explosion. Footage on television showed the vehicle was reduced to a heap of mangled metal. The blast damaged several shops in the area. The market closed down soon after the explosion.
Security forces cordoned off the area and prevented people from approaching the minibus due to fears that it could contain more explosive devices.
No group claimed responsibility for the blast though such attacks are usually blamed on the banned Tehrik-e-Taliban Pakistan.
- J&K: Teams named after militants in cricket tournament
- Laser walls activated along Indo-Pak border to keep vigil against terrorists
- Haji Ali Dargah row: Trupti Desai wants support of Aamir, Salman, SRK
- ISRO successfully launches IRNSS-1G into the orbit
- IRNSS-1G launch: It's a great gift to people of India from scientists, says PM Modi
- F-16 fighter jets sold to Pakistan could be used against India: US lawmakers
- Fee hike: Schools will not budge with dharnas, submit a written complaint, Manish Sisodia tells parents
- Know what Shah Rukh Khan feels about PM Narendra Modi’s ‘Make In India’ initiative
- Know how Karan Johar entertains ‘India's Got Talent’ co-judge Malaika Arora Khan
- CINTAA's joint secretary apologises to Rakhi Sawant, Dolly Bindra – Here’s why