Blasts hit Pak Army depot near Islamabad
Islamabad: At least three blasts ripped
through a Pakistan Army arms depot on the outskirts of the federal capital Monday, injuring two persons, police officials
The blasts at the arms depot in Sihala area, located
about 20 km from the garrison city of Rawalpindi, were
believed to be accidental in nature, TV news channels
The blasts damaged a building and triggered a fire.
Army troops and policemen cordoned off the area and
prevented people and media from approaching the arms depot.
Witnesses said they had seen several ambulances leaving the arms depot and going to a nearby military
Police officials told the media that at least two persons were injured.
No further details were immediately available.
Several government buildings, including a police
training centre and facilities linked to Pakistan`s nuclear
programme, are located in the Sihala area which is heavily
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- Yakub Memon wanted to meet his daughter before being hanged
- It's a canard that Kalam was reluctant to appoint Sonia Gandhi as PM: Manmohan Singh