Blasts hit Pak Army depot near Islamabad
Islamabad: At least three blasts ripped
through a Pakistan Army arms depot on the outskirts of the federal capital Monday, injuring two persons, police officials
The blasts at the arms depot in Sihala area, located
about 20 km from the garrison city of Rawalpindi, were
believed to be accidental in nature, TV news channels
The blasts damaged a building and triggered a fire.
Army troops and policemen cordoned off the area and
prevented people and media from approaching the arms depot.
Witnesses said they had seen several ambulances leaving the arms depot and going to a nearby military
Police officials told the media that at least two persons were injured.
No further details were immediately available.
Several government buildings, including a police
training centre and facilities linked to Pakistan`s nuclear
programme, are located in the Sihala area which is heavily
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees