Blasts hit Pak Army depot near Islamabad
Islamabad: At least three blasts ripped
through a Pakistan Army arms depot on the outskirts of the federal capital Monday, injuring two persons, police officials
The blasts at the arms depot in Sihala area, located
about 20 km from the garrison city of Rawalpindi, were
believed to be accidental in nature, TV news channels
The blasts damaged a building and triggered a fire.
Army troops and policemen cordoned off the area and
prevented people and media from approaching the arms depot.
Witnesses said they had seen several ambulances leaving the arms depot and going to a nearby military
Police officials told the media that at least two persons were injured.
No further details were immediately available.
Several government buildings, including a police
training centre and facilities linked to Pakistan`s nuclear
programme, are located in the Sihala area which is heavily
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- BMC election 2017 results LIVE: Counting underway - Big prestige battle for BJP and Shiv Sena
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Maharashtra Civic Election Results 2017 LIVE: Shiv Sena ahead in Mumbai, BJP gains lead in Pune; NCP wins 4 seats in Ulhasnagar