Blasts in Karachi, Quetta kill three
Karachi/Quetta: Pakistan`s Karachi and Quetta cities were today hit by a series of explosions in which three people were killed and at least 30 injured.
In Karachi, Pakistan`s biggest city and financial capital, explosives planted in a motorcycle went off near an election office of the Mutthaida-e-Qaumi Movement in North Nazimabad in which one person was killed and 15 people injured.
Rescue officials said the condition of four of the injured was critical. The explosion was a powerful one which had shattered windows of nearby apartments and houses.
The Tehreek-e-Taliban have threatened to target parties including the MQM, the Awami National Party and the Pakistan People`s Party in the run up to the General Elections on May 11 for their secular views and agenda.
In Quetta, the provincial capital of Balochistan, four explosions occurred within two hours killing two people and wounding 10.
Police said the first blast took place in the Gwalmandi area while the second one took place in Jinnah Town with a third reported from Gurdit Singh Road.
Police said the fourth one on Khudadad road was a powerful one in which two people died on the spot and 10 were taken to hospital for treatment.
Balochistan has witnessed a spike in violence ahead of the general elections. Several government offices across the province have been targeted with bombs.
On April 16, six persons were killed and about 30 injured when PML-N leader Sanaullah Zehri`s motorcade was targeted with a bomb in Khuzdar district.
Quetta has a history of sectarian violence and this year alone two major bombings targeting Shia Muslims have left over 200 dead.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor