Block access to blasphemous material on internet: Pak court
Lahore: Acting on petition filed by Jamaat-e-Islami leaders, a Pakistani court has directed the federal government to immediately block access to "blasphemous material" on Google and YouTube.
Justice Ijazul Ahsan of the Lahore High Court issued the order yesterday after hearing the petition filed by Jamaat-e- Islami leaders Liaquat Baloch and Farid Ahmed Paracha.
The judge also sought a response from the government by November 8.
In a separate development, Justice Sagheer Ahmad Qadri of the High Court admitted for regular hearing Jamaat-ud-Dawah chief Hafiz Mohammad Saeed`s petition to move the International Court of Justice against the makers of the anti-Islam movie "Innocence Of Muslims".
The judge also issued notices to the Interior and Information Technology Ministries.
A date for hearing the petition would be fixed later.
In his petition, Saeed asked the court to direct the government to approach the International Court of Justice against the makers of the blasphemous movie and to ensure they are punished.
He claimed that the relationship of "absolute servility" between Pakistan and the US should be declared contrary to the fundamental rights related to the dignity of citizens as enshrined in Article 14 of the Constitution.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read