Blocking cell phone services cannot stop us: Pak Taliban
Islamabad: The Pakistani Taliban on Friday ridiculed the government`s move to suspend mobile phone services at select locations to prevent terror attacks, saying it would have no impact on their activities.
"We do not carry out bombings through mobile phones. The Taliban cannot be stopped by jamming mobile phone services," Ihsanullah Ihsan, spokesman of the banned Tehrik-e-Taliban Pakistan, said.
"We would achieve our targets in any case, Ihsan was quoted as saying by the website of the Dawn newspaper.
The militant spokesman gave his views hours after Interior Minister Rehman Malik told reporters in Islamabad that mobile services had been shut down across Karachi and Quetta and in parts of Islamabad as mobile SIMs had been used to trigger explosives in "90 per cent" of bomb attacks.
Malik announced that mobile services would be suspended in dozens of cities from tomorrow till Sunday to prevent terror attacks on Shia processions organised to mark the Islamic month of Muharram.
Malik claimed Tehrik-e-Taliban Pakistan chief Hakeemullah Mehsud was behind terror attacks.
"I challenge Hakeemullah, who says he is a Muslim and wants to bring in Shariah, to tell me where in Islam is it written that you should kill your brothers and sisters with bombs," Malik said.
The Taliban spokesman, however, claimed Malik was blocking cellular services for "his own personal business interests."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!