BNP demands resignation from Bangladesh govt
Dhaka: The Bangladesh Nationalist Party (BNP) has demanded Bangladesh government`s resignation after its demonstration in front of Naya Paltan headquarters was foiled due to clashes.
The BNP on Thursday called for further strikes, following the clashes. Large numbers of police were out in force in Dhaka again for the latest strike. The officers also cordoned off the BNP`s offices.
Supporters of the strike set a bus on fire. Others set off homemade bombs in several parts of the city.
The strike was called by the BNP-led 18-party opposition alliance in protest against what they said were police attacks on a demonstration by its supporters on March 06.
According to reports, at least one person, believed to be a pro-government Juba League activist, was stabbed to death during clashes between supporters of the BNP, the ruling Awami League party and security forces.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- People storm to watch Salman Khan's 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' in Pakistan, leave hall teary-eyed