BNP demands resignation from Bangladesh govt
Dhaka: The Bangladesh Nationalist Party (BNP) has demanded Bangladesh government`s resignation after its demonstration in front of Naya Paltan headquarters was foiled due to clashes.
The BNP on Thursday called for further strikes, following the clashes. Large numbers of police were out in force in Dhaka again for the latest strike. The officers also cordoned off the BNP`s offices.
Supporters of the strike set a bus on fire. Others set off homemade bombs in several parts of the city.
The strike was called by the BNP-led 18-party opposition alliance in protest against what they said were police attacks on a demonstration by its supporters on March 06.
According to reports, at least one person, believed to be a pro-government Juba League activist, was stabbed to death during clashes between supporters of the BNP, the ruling Awami League party and security forces.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- PM Modi breaks silence on Dadri lynching incident
- DNA: 50-lane traffic jam in China during national holiday
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands