Bobby, the monkey arrested in Pak for crossing border
Islamabad: Believe it or not but authorities
in Pakistan`s Punjab province have "arrested" a monkey after
it crossed the border with India, according to a media report
The monkey was captured by wildlife officials in
Bahawalpur, Express News channel reported.
Local residents initially tried to capture the monkey
after it entered Cholistan area of Bahawalpur district.
After the monkey evaded them, the people informed wildlife
officials, who captured the animal after a struggle.
The monkey was taken to Bahawalpur Zoo, where officials
named him Bobby.
In May last year, Indian police detained a pigeon and kept
it under armed guard after it was caught on an alleged spying
mission for Pakistan.
The bird was found by a resident of India`s Punjab state,
which borders Pakistan, and taken to a police station 40 km
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail
- 'People's President' APJ Abdul Kalam laid to rest in Rameswaram
- Panel discussion on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's hanging
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- What Yakub Memon did in minutes before being hanged
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet
- Cristiano Ronaldo great, but Lionel Messi is greatest: Xavi Hernandez