Bodies of 20 people recovered from Karachi beaches
Karachi: Bodies of at least 20 people who had drowned while bathing in the sea during Eid celebrations have been recovered from two separate beaches here, Pakistani media reported today.
While the rescue teams recovered twelve bodies from Clifton Beach last night, six more bodies were recovered from the beach this morning, Dawn reported.
Two bodies were also recovered from Hawks Bay today. Efforts are underway to fish out bodies of three missing persons, of the total 23 people who had drowned.
The police have blocked routes leading to the beaches. Additionally, patrolling has been increased at Clifton Beach while a picket was established on Maripur road to intercept picnickers to other beaches.
Thousands of people had turned up at the city beaches on the second day of Eid despite the ban imposed by administration on entering or bathing in the sea.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you
- 'Saffron party will still face defeat in the upcoming assembly elections', BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna Joshi jump
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' release: I stand with Bollywood, why punish Pakistani artistes, says Digvijay Singh