Bomb at Afghan bazaar kills 4 people
Kabul: A bomb in a busy Afghan market killed four people on Saturday in the western province of Herat, an official said, the latest attack targeting civilians in the decade-long war.
The early morning explosion also wounded 12 people, including three policemen who were on patrol in the bazaar in Shindand district, Herat provincial government spokesman Muhiudin Noori said.
The blast came three days after a bicycle bomb in Herat`s provincial capital wounded 14 people.
"Once again the enemy has attacked in Herat ... They have no other target than killing civilians," Noori said.
Earlier this week, at least 50 people died in multiple suicide bombings in western Nimroz province and a market bomb in Kunduz in the north in what was the deadliest day for civilians so far this year.
A UN report says 1,145 Afghan civilians have been killed and 1,954 others injured during the first half of the year, the overwhelming majority of them in militant attacks.
Others died caught up in the crossfire, suicide attacks and also coalition aistrikes.
While the Taliban leadership have issued orders to avoid harming civilians, many are caught up in the violence as the insurgents target government and international forces with improvised land mines and remote-controlled bombs.
Also today, the NATO-led coalition in Afghanistan said one of its international service members died following an insurgent attack in southern Afghanistan on Friday.
A coalition statement gave no further details. NATO does not identify the nationalities of the casualties among international troops until their home countries release the information.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- 15-year old girl stabbed to death in Mumbai
- DU Student Clash : Confrontation among students becomes sensitive, AISA to carry flag march today
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Muslims should be cremated, there's no space to bury 20 cr people: BJP MP Sakshi Maharaj
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- Gurmehar Kaur row: Girl who got 'Shiva stole' gift from PM Narendra Modi says she got rape threat from Congress politician
- Yogeshwar Dutt takes a dig at Javed Akhtar after being called 'a hardly literate wrestler'