‘Bomb at Eid prayers kills Afghan Provincial Governor’
Puli Alam: A bomb hidden in a microphone killed an Afghan Provincial Governor on Tuesday as he made a speech at a mosque after Eid prayers in Logar, close to the capital Kabul, officials said.
"This morning, Governor Arsala Jamal was delivering a speech after Eid prayers when he was killed by a bomb planted in the microphone," Logar Provincial Governor spokesman Din Mohammad Darwish said.
"Eight other people have been wounded."
No group claimed immediate responsibility for the blast, though Taliban militants often target government officials as well as Afghan soldiers and police.
Eid ul Adha is a major public holiday across the Muslim world, with mosques packed with devotees marking the prophet Ibrahim`s willingness to sacrifice his son when God ordered him to.
Sheep and goats are sacrificed in many households and the meat distributed among family, friends and the poor.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Maggi samples found unsafe: Delhi government
- DNA: Analysis of Vijay Mallya's 'fund transfer formula'
- IMD forecasts 'deficient' Monsoon, drought-like conditions expected
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- Maggi row: Delhi registers case against Nestle, Kerala withdraws stock from govt stores
- Rahul Gandhi hails BR Ambedkar, takes potshot at Modi-led NDA govt over IIT Madras row
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far
- China ship carrying 458 on board sinks in Yangtze River: Five dead, hundreds missing