‘Bomb at Eid prayers kills Afghan Provincial Governor’
Puli Alam: A bomb hidden in a microphone killed an Afghan Provincial Governor on Tuesday as he made a speech at a mosque after Eid prayers in Logar, close to the capital Kabul, officials said.
"This morning, Governor Arsala Jamal was delivering a speech after Eid prayers when he was killed by a bomb planted in the microphone," Logar Provincial Governor spokesman Din Mohammad Darwish said.
"Eight other people have been wounded."
No group claimed immediate responsibility for the blast, though Taliban militants often target government officials as well as Afghan soldiers and police.
Eid ul Adha is a major public holiday across the Muslim world, with mosques packed with devotees marking the prophet Ibrahim`s willingness to sacrifice his son when God ordered him to.
Sheep and goats are sacrificed in many households and the meat distributed among family, friends and the poor.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- Kapil Sharma renews contract, his latest fee will make your jaw drop!