Bomb attack in Pak, two members of pro-govt militia killed
Peshawar: Two members of a pro-government militia were killed in a bomb attack in the restive Bajaur tribal region of northwest Pakistan on Saturday, officials said.
The blast occurred in Chamarkand town, 40 km from Khar, the main town of Bajaur Agency.
Two members of an anti-Taliban "peace committee" were killed in the attack, officials said.
The men were inspecting the site of an earlier bomb attack when a second device went off.
The attack came two days after about a dozen militants attacked the homes of two tribal elders near Khar and killed them.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena's diary reveals disturbed relationship with parents: DNA reports
- Shameless cheating in exams, when will Bihar learn?
- Setback for Air India as 30 Boeing 787 Dreamliner pilots resign
- Sheena case: Indrani quizzed jointly with Peter, denies killing daughter
- Trade unions` strike hits normal life across India
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Sheena Bora murder saga: 12 questions that police asked Peter Mukerjea during 12-hour grilling?
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Indrani Mukerjea confesses to her role in Sheena Bora murder case
- 'Insulted' Samajwadi Party walks out of 'Janata Parivar', to contest Bihar polls alone