Bomb attack kills 3 soldiers in Pakistan
Dera Ismail Khan: Intelligence officials say a roadside bomb struck a military convoy in Pakistan`s South Waziristan tribal area near the Afghan border, killing three soldiers.
The officials say Monday`s attack in the Ladha area of South Waziristan also wounded four soldiers. The bomb was detonated by remote control and destroyed one military vehicle.
The officials spoke on condition of anonymity because they were not authorised to talk to the media.
South Waziristan was the main sanctuary for the Pakistani Taliban before the military launched a large ground offensive in October 2009. But attacks against security forces have continued in the area.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- DNA: Analyzing the role of Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose in Indian Independence
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Reliance Jio impact: Bharti Airtel Q3 net profit dips 54% to Rs 503.7 crore