Bomb attack leaves three dead in SW Pakistan: Officials
Quetta: A bomb planted on a motorcycle exploded in Pakistan`s restive southwestern province of Balochistan Saturday, killing three people including a paramilitary soldier and wounding 16 others, officials said.
The attack came when a patrolling vehicle of the paramilitary Frontier Corps (FC) was passing through a busy market in Khuzdar town, some 270 kilometres (167 miles) south of Quetta, the capital of the province bordering Afghanistan and Iran.
"One FC person and two civilians were killed in the blast. At least 16 others including four FC men were wounded," Waheed Shah, the administration chief in Khuzdar, told AFP.
"The bomb was planted on a motorcycle parked alongside the road. It was exploded through remote control when the patrolling vehicle came closer," Shah said.
Another senior official in the region, Akbar Harifal, confirmed the details.
No group has yet claimed responsibility for the attack. But Baluch separatists are active in the area and often attack government forces and installations.
Resource-rich Baluchistan is home to a long-running separatist conflict that was revived in 2004, with nationalists seeking to stop what they see as the exploitation of the region`s natural resources and alleged rights abuses.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- UP elections: Rajnath Singh's Son, Rita Bahuguna Joshi in BJP second list of candidates
- Is Pakistan behind increasing train accidents in India?
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Flying Jadeja: MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli floored by Ravindra Jadeja's brilliant fielding effort – WATCH