Bomb attack on Pak train kills three
Islamabad: Three persons were killed and about a dozen others injured when a train hit a bomb planted on railway tracks in Pakistan`s Sindh province early Wednesday, police said.
Two coaches of the Khushal Express derailed after the explosion near Thul town of Jacobabad district at 2 am, police officials said.
The train was going from Karachi, the capital of Sindh, to the northwestern city of Peshawar.
Police said there would have been more casualties if the coaches had overturned.
The injured were taken to a nearby hospital.
No group claimed responsibility for the attack.
In the past, some hitherto unheard of groups from Sindh have claimed responsibility for bomb attacks on railway tracks in the province.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- LIVE: After surgical strikes by Indian Army, Nawaz Sharif says Pakistan wants peace
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’