Bomb blast kills 6 Afghan police, 1 tribal elder
Kandahar: Officials say a roadside bomb in
southern Afghanistan has killed six police officers and a local tribal elder.
The governor`s office says in a statement issued today that a police truck struck the bomb yesterday while
driving in Kandahar province`s Zhari district.
Provincial government spokesman Zalmai Ayubi says the police were escorting tribal elder Abdul Wali Khan back to his home from nearby Kandahar city.
Ayubi says the bomb appeared to be remotely detonated,
and that the police assume Khan was the target. Khan was also
on the Zhari district development council.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Munich attack: 18-year-old German-Iranian gunman kills 9 at shopping mall
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley?
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part II
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part III
- DNA: Analyzing the real problems of patriotic Kashmir's residents
- Please do not speculate: Police to commentators
- German president 'horrified' by 'murderous attack' in Munich
- Munich newspaper says has unconfirmed report one shooter dead
- Indian consulate in Munich puts out advisory
- Chancellor Angela Merkel to convene German security council after Munich shootings: spokesman