Bomb blast kills 6 Afghan police, 1 tribal elder
Kandahar: Officials say a roadside bomb in
southern Afghanistan has killed six police officers and a local tribal elder.
The governor`s office says in a statement issued today that a police truck struck the bomb yesterday while
driving in Kandahar province`s Zhari district.
Provincial government spokesman Zalmai Ayubi says the police were escorting tribal elder Abdul Wali Khan back to his home from nearby Kandahar city.
Ayubi says the bomb appeared to be remotely detonated,
and that the police assume Khan was the target. Khan was also
on the Zhari district development council.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- DNA: 1965 Indo-Pak war- Analysis of India's victory and exposing Pakistan's lies
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Ten interesting facts about hockey legend Dhyan Chand