Bomb blast kills 6 Afghan police, 1 tribal elder
Kandahar: Officials say a roadside bomb in
southern Afghanistan has killed six police officers and a local tribal elder.
The governor`s office says in a statement issued today that a police truck struck the bomb yesterday while
driving in Kandahar province`s Zhari district.
Provincial government spokesman Zalmai Ayubi says the police were escorting tribal elder Abdul Wali Khan back to his home from nearby Kandahar city.
Ayubi says the bomb appeared to be remotely detonated,
and that the police assume Khan was the target. Khan was also
on the Zhari district development council.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened