Bomb blast kills 6 Afghan police, 1 tribal elder
Kandahar: Officials say a roadside bomb in
southern Afghanistan has killed six police officers and a local tribal elder.
The governor`s office says in a statement issued today that a police truck struck the bomb yesterday while
driving in Kandahar province`s Zhari district.
Provincial government spokesman Zalmai Ayubi says the police were escorting tribal elder Abdul Wali Khan back to his home from nearby Kandahar city.
Ayubi says the bomb appeared to be remotely detonated,
and that the police assume Khan was the target. Khan was also
on the Zhari district development council.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Mumbai High court allows entry of women in Haji Ali Dargah
- DNA: Analysis of fraudulent doctor in Noida treating patients with wrong treatment
- DNA: Analyzing Balochistan's citizens struggle for freedom
- DNA: Two Syrian boys grieving death of brother killed in airstrike
- DNA: Analyzing world's first driverless taxi developed by Singapore company
- School dropout biggest crisis in India, says Singapore Deputy PM
- Italy quake death toll hits 278, state funeral planned
- Jigisha killer Ravi Kapoor convicted in taxi-driver murder case
- Records aside, US Open getting personal for Serena Williams
- World Risk Report 2016: India ranks 77th in world disaster risk index