Bomb blast rocks Afghan SE town, at least 10 casualties
Kabul: A powerful blast rocked Khost city leaving at least 10 people dead and injured on Monday, a local official said.
"The blast took place in Khost city the capital of Khost province at around 10: 50 a.m. local time and according to preliminary report at least 10 people, all civilians were killed and injured," the official told Xinhua on the condition of anonymity, saying authorized officials would brief the media after investigation.
Meantime, a doctor in Khost city hospital who declined to be identified said that 15 injured civilians had been taken to hospital for medical treatment, some of them in critical conditions.
He also said that the explosive device was placed in a bicycle and detonated by a remote control.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dengue cases on the rise in Delhi - Is the govt waiting for another epidemic?
- JNU student accuses fellow PhD scholar and AISA member of rape
- Sukhoi 30MKI posted in Arunachal Pradesh; Kiren Rijiju lauds development
- Olympic medalist PV Sindhu returns to Hyderabad; receives grand welcome
- Twelve-year-old ISIS suicide bomber caught and arrested in Iraq
- Over 400 flights grounded as Tokyo prepares to take a direct hit from typhoon
- Kamal Haasan to be conferred French award
- New laser created from jellyfish proteins
- Rohit Shetty's 'Ram Lakhan' remake not happening anymore? Here's what we know so far!
- Gionee S6s smartphone for selfie lovers to be launched in India today