Bomb blast rocks Afghan SE town, at least 10 casualties
Kabul: A powerful blast rocked Khost city leaving at least 10 people dead and injured on Monday, a local official said.
"The blast took place in Khost city the capital of Khost province at around 10: 50 a.m. local time and according to preliminary report at least 10 people, all civilians were killed and injured," the official told Xinhua on the condition of anonymity, saying authorized officials would brief the media after investigation.
Meantime, a doctor in Khost city hospital who declined to be identified said that 15 injured civilians had been taken to hospital for medical treatment, some of them in critical conditions.
He also said that the explosive device was placed in a bicycle and detonated by a remote control.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened