Bomb blast rocks Afghan SE town, at least 10 casualties
Kabul: A powerful blast rocked Khost city leaving at least 10 people dead and injured on Monday, a local official said.
"The blast took place in Khost city the capital of Khost province at around 10: 50 a.m. local time and according to preliminary report at least 10 people, all civilians were killed and injured," the official told Xinhua on the condition of anonymity, saying authorized officials would brief the media after investigation.
Meantime, a doctor in Khost city hospital who declined to be identified said that 15 injured civilians had been taken to hospital for medical treatment, some of them in critical conditions.
He also said that the explosive device was placed in a bicycle and detonated by a remote control.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral: Why Rameswaram was chosen over New Delhi?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- New SC bench to hear 1993 Mumbai bomb blasts convict Yakub Memon's plea on Wednesday