Bomb blast rocks Afghan SE town, at least 10 casualties
Kabul: A powerful blast rocked Khost city leaving at least 10 people dead and injured on Monday, a local official said.
"The blast took place in Khost city the capital of Khost province at around 10: 50 a.m. local time and according to preliminary report at least 10 people, all civilians were killed and injured," the official told Xinhua on the condition of anonymity, saying authorized officials would brief the media after investigation.
Meantime, a doctor in Khost city hospital who declined to be identified said that 15 injured civilians had been taken to hospital for medical treatment, some of them in critical conditions.
He also said that the explosive device was placed in a bicycle and detonated by a remote control.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town