Bomb blast targets bus of Pak’s space agency, 1 killed
Karachi: A bus carrying employees of Pakistan`s space agency was targeted with a roadside bomb on the outskirts of the southern port city of Karachi on Wednesday, killing one person and injuring 23 others.
The bomb was attached to a bicycle parked on the side of the road in Hub Chowki area, SSP Amir Farooqui told reporters.
The bus was carrying employees of the Space and Upper Atmosphere Research Organisation.
One person was killed and 23 others were injured, state-run Radio Pakistan reported.
All the victims were employees of the space agency returning home from work.
"The bus was damaged in the attack, which makes us believe it was the primary target of this improvised explosive device attack," Farooqui said.
The injured were taken to two nearby hospitals and officials said four of them were in a serious condition.
Footage on television showed that the blast caused extensive damage to the bus and blew out its windows.
Police officials said the IED was apparently triggered by remote control.
Security forces cordoned off the area and launched a search operation. No group claimed responsibility for the attack.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees