Bomb blast targets bus of Pak’s space agency, 1 killed
Karachi: A bus carrying employees of Pakistan`s space agency was targeted with a roadside bomb on the outskirts of the southern port city of Karachi on Wednesday, killing one person and injuring 23 others.
The bomb was attached to a bicycle parked on the side of the road in Hub Chowki area, SSP Amir Farooqui told reporters.
The bus was carrying employees of the Space and Upper Atmosphere Research Organisation.
One person was killed and 23 others were injured, state-run Radio Pakistan reported.
All the victims were employees of the space agency returning home from work.
"The bus was damaged in the attack, which makes us believe it was the primary target of this improvised explosive device attack," Farooqui said.
The injured were taken to two nearby hospitals and officials said four of them were in a serious condition.
Footage on television showed that the blast caused extensive damage to the bus and blew out its windows.
Police officials said the IED was apparently triggered by remote control.
Security forces cordoned off the area and launched a search operation. No group claimed responsibility for the attack.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Zakir Naik's foundation converted many to Islam for monetary benefits?
- Is Zakir Naik's foundation converted many to Islam for monetary benefits?- Part II
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?- Part II
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?- Part III
- Borussia Dortmund deny reports of Manchester City's EUR 70 million bid for Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang
- Kapil Sharma aka Kappu's Twitter account 'hacked'! – Know who did it
- More than 37,000 flee South Sudan for Uganda: UN
- World to end in a global apocalypse this Friday on July 29?
- First Haj flight from Uttar Pradesh to take off on August 10