Bomb destroys seven NATO oil tankers in Pakistan
Peshawar: At least seven tankers carrying
fuel for NATO troops in Afghanistan were gutted on Monday when a
bomb planted in one of the vehicles exploded at a terminal in
Pakistan, officials said.
"A bomb fitted with a timer blew up an oil tanker. It
triggered fire that engulfed six more tankers," local
administration official Shahar Yar Khan told AFP. There were
no reports of any casualties, he added.
Another official in the area said more than 30 fuel
tankers were parked at a terminal in the Torkham border area
of the troubled Khyber tribal region.
Most of them had been moved away but the raging blaze
was threatening another 10 tankers still in the area, he said.
No group has claimed responsibility for the blast but
the Taliban has in the past said it carried out such attacks
to disrupt supplies for more than 130,000 US-led international
troops fighting in Afghanistan.
Taliban and Al-Qaeda-linked militants frequently
launch attacks across northwestern Pakistan and the lawless
tribal belt on the Afghan border, which Washington has branded
the most dangerous place in the world.
Most supplies and equipment required by the soldiers
in Afghanistan are shipped through Pakistan, although US
troops increasingly use alternative routes through Central
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Special: Furious over rising water crisis, people take to the streets
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Couple in Bihar asked to pay Rs 50,000 as 'tax' for inter-caste marriage
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- IPL 8 Final: We need to be at our best against Mumbai, says Michael Hussey
- Heatwave leaves 153 dead in Telangana, Andhra Pradesh
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- Heatwave kills 223 in AP, Telangana, Chandrababu Naidu announces compensation; Delhi records hottest day
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns' starts on a good note at the Box Office!
- CBSE 12th Result 2015 to be announced on Monday
- Death threat to PM Narendra Modi ahead of Mathura rally sends police into tizzy
- Standoff with LG: Arvind Kejriwal calls emergency session of Delhi Assembly
- Organisation demands re-examination of AIPMT 2015
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- CBSE Class 12th Board Results 2015 to be announced on Monday, May 25
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Top 5 shopping destinations in Delhi!