Bomb destroys seven NATO oil tankers in Pakistan
Peshawar: At least seven tankers carrying
fuel for NATO troops in Afghanistan were gutted on Monday when a
bomb planted in one of the vehicles exploded at a terminal in
Pakistan, officials said.
"A bomb fitted with a timer blew up an oil tanker. It
triggered fire that engulfed six more tankers," local
administration official Shahar Yar Khan told AFP. There were
no reports of any casualties, he added.
Another official in the area said more than 30 fuel
tankers were parked at a terminal in the Torkham border area
of the troubled Khyber tribal region.
Most of them had been moved away but the raging blaze
was threatening another 10 tankers still in the area, he said.
No group has claimed responsibility for the blast but
the Taliban has in the past said it carried out such attacks
to disrupt supplies for more than 130,000 US-led international
troops fighting in Afghanistan.
Taliban and Al-Qaeda-linked militants frequently
launch attacks across northwestern Pakistan and the lawless
tribal belt on the Afghan border, which Washington has branded
the most dangerous place in the world.
Most supplies and equipment required by the soldiers
in Afghanistan are shipped through Pakistan, although US
troops increasingly use alternative routes through Central
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- BMC election 2017 results LIVE: BJP wins 82 seats in nail-biting finish, Shiv Sena 84; Uddhav, Fadnavis non-committal on alliance
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017 LIVE: Shiv Sena leads in Mumbai but BJP the big winner
- Solapur Municipal Corporation Elections 2017: Shiv Sena wins, BJP runners-up