Bomb disposal squad member killed while defusing device
Islamabad: A member of the bomb disposal squad in the restive Peshawar city of northwest Pakistan was killed friday while defusing an explosive device, police officials said.
Two more members of the squad were injured by the explosion in Bara-Shaikhan area of Peshawar this morning.
Acting on a tip-off, police found the bomb in Sheikhan village on the outskirts of Peshawar, officials said.
Hukam Khan, a member of the bomb disposal squad, was killed instantly.
Security forces cordoned off the area and conducted a search operation.
Peshawar`s bomb disposal squad has played a key role in investigating bombings and suicide attacks by militants.
It has also prevented several attacks by defusing explosive devices.
On September 24, a bomb planted on a road in Sheikhan village was defused by the squad.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- India mourns APJ Abdul Kalam; PM to receive body at Palam airport
- Kalam's body flown to Delhi; PM, Prez lead nation in paying homage
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- Parliament pays tributes to Dr APJ Abdul Kalam, calls him 'real gem' of India
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?