Bomb disposal squad member killed while defusing device
Islamabad: A member of the bomb disposal squad in the restive Peshawar city of northwest Pakistan was killed friday while defusing an explosive device, police officials said.
Two more members of the squad were injured by the explosion in Bara-Shaikhan area of Peshawar this morning.
Acting on a tip-off, police found the bomb in Sheikhan village on the outskirts of Peshawar, officials said.
Hukam Khan, a member of the bomb disposal squad, was killed instantly.
Security forces cordoned off the area and conducted a search operation.
Peshawar`s bomb disposal squad has played a key role in investigating bombings and suicide attacks by militants.
It has also prevented several attacks by defusing explosive devices.
On September 24, a bomb planted on a road in Sheikhan village was defused by the squad.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking: New ISIS video shows English-speaking boy beheading man
- Watch: Hafiz Saeed warns India of more terror attacks
- DNA: Army declares all soldiers in Siachen avalanche dead
- DNA: Indian Navy set to conduct International Fleet Review 2016
- Modi should not think of sending forces to fight ISIS: AIMIM chief Owaisi
- `Jawaharlal Nehru awarded the man who stole Subhas Chandra Bose's INA treasure`
- Ten Army soldiers missing in Siachen avalanche presumed dead; PM Modi 'salutes' martyrs
- VIDEO: Ambidextrous Sri Lankan Kamindu Mendis bowling with both hands
- ‘Ghayal Once Again’ tweet review
- Deepika Padukone's first shot from 'XXX 3' revealed! See pic