Bomb disposal squad member killed while defusing device
Islamabad: A member of the bomb disposal squad in the restive Peshawar city of northwest Pakistan was killed friday while defusing an explosive device, police officials said.
Two more members of the squad were injured by the explosion in Bara-Shaikhan area of Peshawar this morning.
Acting on a tip-off, police found the bomb in Sheikhan village on the outskirts of Peshawar, officials said.
Hukam Khan, a member of the bomb disposal squad, was killed instantly.
Security forces cordoned off the area and conducted a search operation.
Peshawar`s bomb disposal squad has played a key role in investigating bombings and suicide attacks by militants.
It has also prevented several attacks by defusing explosive devices.
On September 24, a bomb planted on a road in Sheikhan village was defused by the squad.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list
- This Hindu-dominated village in West Bengal is not allowed to organise Durga Puja as Muslims don't want it
- WATCH: At 430/9, India needed 24 runs to avoid follow on. What Kapil Dev did next will blow your mind!