Bomb disposal squad member killed while defusing device
Islamabad: A member of the bomb disposal squad in the restive Peshawar city of northwest Pakistan was killed friday while defusing an explosive device, police officials said.
Two more members of the squad were injured by the explosion in Bara-Shaikhan area of Peshawar this morning.
Acting on a tip-off, police found the bomb in Sheikhan village on the outskirts of Peshawar, officials said.
Hukam Khan, a member of the bomb disposal squad, was killed instantly.
Security forces cordoned off the area and conducted a search operation.
Peshawar`s bomb disposal squad has played a key role in investigating bombings and suicide attacks by militants.
It has also prevented several attacks by defusing explosive devices.
On September 24, a bomb planted on a road in Sheikhan village was defused by the squad.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why