Bomb disposal squad member killed while defusing device
Islamabad: A member of the bomb disposal squad in the restive Peshawar city of northwest Pakistan was killed friday while defusing an explosive device, police officials said.
Two more members of the squad were injured by the explosion in Bara-Shaikhan area of Peshawar this morning.
Acting on a tip-off, police found the bomb in Sheikhan village on the outskirts of Peshawar, officials said.
Hukam Khan, a member of the bomb disposal squad, was killed instantly.
Security forces cordoned off the area and conducted a search operation.
Peshawar`s bomb disposal squad has played a key role in investigating bombings and suicide attacks by militants.
It has also prevented several attacks by defusing explosive devices.
On September 24, a bomb planted on a road in Sheikhan village was defused by the squad.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city
- Army orders modern helmets for jawans, can withstand bullets fired from short range
- WATCH: Dope-tainted Brock Lesnar causes carnage on return to WWE Raw ahead of Royal Rumble