Bomb hidden in cemetery kills 2 in Afghanistan
Kandahar (Afghanistan): Afghan police say a bomb has exploded in a cemetery in the southern Afghan city of Lashkar Gah, killing two men whose brother is a lawmaker for Helmand province.
Deputy Police Chief Ghulam Rabbani says the bomb was buried near the grave of a relative of Parliamentarian Abdulwadood Popal, who was not present.
A number of his family members had gone to the cemetery to pay their respects after morning prayers for the Eid al-Fitr holiday that marks the end of the Muslim holy month of Ramadan.
Rabbani says another seven members of the family were wounded in Sunday`s blast.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India mourns Lance Naik Hanumanthappa Koppad's death: Who said what
- Came to Mumbai from Pakistan to select 26/11 attack sites, David Headley tells Mumbai court
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf
- 'Afzal Guru amar rahe', 'Kashmir lekar rahenge' slogans raised at Press Club of India
- Siachen braveheart loses battle for life; India pays homage to Lance Naik Hanumanthappa, PM Modi 'devastated'