Bomb hoax, emergency landing at Lahore airport
Lahore: A hoax bomb call briefly disrupted services at the Lahore airport on Sunday, after External Affairs Minister SM Krishna`s special plane took off.
While the bomb threat at a Karachi-bound PIA flight turned out to be a hoax, another Pakistan International Airlines flight made an emergency landing at the airport minutes after Krishna`s departure.
According to officials, a PIA flight going from Islamabad to Karachi had to make an emergency landing in Lahore after the Boeing was hit by a bird.
"The bird hit the pilot`s window. The pilot made a safe emergency landing and all 181 passengers on board remained unhurt," a PIA spokesman said.
In the other incident, a Karachi-bound flight was delayed for a couple of hours after authorities received information from an unidentified person that a bomb had been planted in the plane.
"After a thorough search, the alert turned out to be a hoax," the spokesman said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis on Ishrat Jahan encounter case
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- DNA: After JNU, anti-India slogans at Delhi’s Press Club of India
- Headley's revelations: Will politicos who termed Ishrat Jahan 'beti' now apologise?- Part II
- Missing girl from Ghaziabad, Dipti Sarna returns; reunited with family
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna reaches home, police and family remain tight-lipped over her recovery
- Was abducted, blindfolded for four hours; Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna narrates her ordeal
- Fitoor movie review: Tabu overpowers, Katrina Kaif, Aditya Roy Kapur leave a lasting impact!