Bomb hoax, emergency landing at Lahore airport
Lahore: A hoax bomb call briefly disrupted services at the Lahore airport on Sunday, after External Affairs Minister SM Krishna`s special plane took off.
While the bomb threat at a Karachi-bound PIA flight turned out to be a hoax, another Pakistan International Airlines flight made an emergency landing at the airport minutes after Krishna`s departure.
According to officials, a PIA flight going from Islamabad to Karachi had to make an emergency landing in Lahore after the Boeing was hit by a bird.
"The bird hit the pilot`s window. The pilot made a safe emergency landing and all 181 passengers on board remained unhurt," a PIA spokesman said.
In the other incident, a Karachi-bound flight was delayed for a couple of hours after authorities received information from an unidentified person that a bomb had been planted in the plane.
"After a thorough search, the alert turned out to be a hoax," the spokesman said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Admissions 2015: Know India's best ranking Universities
- Yasin Bhatkal calls wife from Hyderabad jail, talks of 'help from Damascus'
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon
- Missing UK schoolgirls seen carrying Kalashnikov rifle in ISIS's Raqqa?