Bomb hoax, emergency landing at Lahore airport
Lahore: A hoax bomb call briefly disrupted services at the Lahore airport on Sunday, after External Affairs Minister SM Krishna`s special plane took off.
While the bomb threat at a Karachi-bound PIA flight turned out to be a hoax, another Pakistan International Airlines flight made an emergency landing at the airport minutes after Krishna`s departure.
According to officials, a PIA flight going from Islamabad to Karachi had to make an emergency landing in Lahore after the Boeing was hit by a bird.
"The bird hit the pilot`s window. The pilot made a safe emergency landing and all 181 passengers on board remained unhurt," a PIA spokesman said.
In the other incident, a Karachi-bound flight was delayed for a couple of hours after authorities received information from an unidentified person that a bomb had been planted in the plane.
"After a thorough search, the alert turned out to be a hoax," the spokesman said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- David Headley reveals Pakistan's role in 26/11 terror attacks
- Is Pakistan trying to divert India from issue of terrorism? - Part II
- Is Pakistan trying to divert India from issue of terrorism?
- UP: Samajwadi Party leader's celebratory firing kills 10-year-old child in Shamli
- Renowned Urdu poet Nida Fazli dies at 78
- Bangladesh scraps China-proposed deep sea port, India offers help to develop another
- Deepika Padukone reads letter written by father – Watch - You will be moved to tears
- 'Road Romeo' beaten up by brave girl in Allahabad: Watch
- Virat Kohli, Anushka Sharma announce their break-up officially: Report
- Watch video: Samajwadi Party leader's celebratory firing kills 10-year-old child in Shamli