Bomb kills NATO soldier in Afghan south
Kabul: A NATO soldier was killed by a bomb in southern Afghanistan on Monday, the military said, adding to a toll of victims of explosives laid by insurgents which is rising almost daily.
NATO`s International Security Assistance Force gave no further details in their statement.
Eight international troops were killed over the weekend, six of them by homemade bombs -- the Taliban`s weapon of choice in their southern heartlands of Helmand and Kandahar provinces, where 30,000 foreign troops are deployed.
The latest death brings the overall number of foreign troops killed in Afghanistan this year to 426, compared to 520 for all of 2009, according to a news agency’s tally based on that kept by the independent icasualties.org website.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- 15-year old girl stabbed to death in Mumbai
- DU Student Clash : Confrontation among students becomes sensitive, AISA to carry flag march today
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Mau
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Muslims should be cremated, there's no space to bury 20 cr people: BJP MP Sakshi Maharaj
- Gurmehar Kaur row: Girl who got 'Shiva stole' gift from PM Narendra Modi says she got rape threat from Congress politician
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- Yogeshwar Dutt takes a dig at Javed Akhtar after being called 'a hardly literate wrestler'