Bomb kills NATO soldier in Afghan south
Kabul: A NATO soldier was killed by a bomb in southern Afghanistan on Monday, the military said, adding to a toll of victims of explosives laid by insurgents which is rising almost daily.
NATO`s International Security Assistance Force gave no further details in their statement.
Eight international troops were killed over the weekend, six of them by homemade bombs -- the Taliban`s weapon of choice in their southern heartlands of Helmand and Kandahar provinces, where 30,000 foreign troops are deployed.
The latest death brings the overall number of foreign troops killed in Afghanistan this year to 426, compared to 520 for all of 2009, according to a news agency’s tally based on that kept by the independent icasualties.org website.
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed?
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed? - Part II
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed? - Part III
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed? - Part IV
- Why is "Make in India" given more importance than people dying of hunger?
- ICSE ISC Results 2016: CISCE.org Board Class 10th (X) & 12th (XII) Result is likely to be declared on May 6, 2016
- Happy flying! Air tickets of 1-hour flights could cost just Rs 2,500
- DHSE Kerala HSC (+2) Result 2016: Keralaresults.nic.in Class 12th Plus two Result 2016 Kerala Board is likely to be declared on May 9, 2016
- Time flies! Emraan Hashmi reminisces four years of 'Jannat 2'
- Russia says bolstering forces to counter NATO