Bomb kills NATO soldier in Afghan south
Kabul: A NATO soldier was killed by a bomb in southern Afghanistan on Monday, the military said, adding to a toll of victims of explosives laid by insurgents which is rising almost daily.
NATO`s International Security Assistance Force gave no further details in their statement.
Eight international troops were killed over the weekend, six of them by homemade bombs -- the Taliban`s weapon of choice in their southern heartlands of Helmand and Kandahar provinces, where 30,000 foreign troops are deployed.
The latest death brings the overall number of foreign troops killed in Afghanistan this year to 426, compared to 520 for all of 2009, according to a news agency’s tally based on that kept by the independent icasualties.org website.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- Pakistan releases 163 Indian fishermen as goodwill gesture
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'
- Drishyam earns Rs 17 cr in 2 days, Bajrangi clocks Rs 283 cr
- Two Indians freed from ISIS captivity in Libya to head home, fate of other two unknown