Bomb kills one in Afghanistan
Khost: A bomb planted on a bicycle exploded Saturday and killed one person in Khost city, the capital of Afghanistan`s Khost province, Deputy to Provincial Policechief Mohammad Yaqub said.
"The bomb planted on a bicycle was detonated by a remote control around 2.30 p.m. local time and inflicted casualties," Yaqub told Xinhua.
The blast happened while police were on patrol in the area, he said, without giving the number of casualties or their identity.
Meanwhile, doctor Abdul Majid, head of a hospital in Khost city, 150 km southeast of Kabul, confirmed that a dead body and five injured people had been taken to the hospital and all were civilians.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- Cricket series can't happen along with terror attacks: Anurag Thakur warns PCB