Bomb kills one in Afghanistan
Khost: A bomb planted on a bicycle exploded Saturday and killed one person in Khost city, the capital of Afghanistan`s Khost province, Deputy to Provincial Policechief Mohammad Yaqub said.
"The bomb planted on a bicycle was detonated by a remote control around 2.30 p.m. local time and inflicted casualties," Yaqub told Xinhua.
The blast happened while police were on patrol in the area, he said, without giving the number of casualties or their identity.
Meanwhile, doctor Abdul Majid, head of a hospital in Khost city, 150 km southeast of Kabul, confirmed that a dead body and five injured people had been taken to the hospital and all were civilians.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Rahul Gandhi's and Congress' Twitter accounts hacked: Who's behind it?
- Rahul Gandhi's Twitter handle hacked again
- DNA: Analysing how plastics are devastating our health silently
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'