Bomb kills two children in Pakistan
Islamabad: Two children - a five-year-old boy and his 12-year-old sister - were killed in Pakistan`s northwest tribal region when a bomb they had found exploded, a media report said.
The incident took place in Tapi area in North Waziristan Friday evening, Xinhua reported.
The boy found the explosive device while collecting firewood and took it home.
However, it exploded when his sister snatched it from him, presuming the bomb to be something else.
Both children died on the spot, officials said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- DNA analysis of Yakub Memon's final moments in Nagpur Jail
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- 2 NDA, 4 UPA leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim before 26/11: Report