Bomb scare delays Pakistani flight
Islamabad: A bomb scare led to a Pakistan International Airlines (PIA) flight from Lahore to Karachi being delayed for two hours.
Sources told Geo News that authorities at the Allama Iqbal International Airport received a phone call from an anonymous caller who claimed there was a bomb on board the PIA Lahore-Karachi flight PK-303, which could go off anytime.
Airport rescue teams along with bomb defusing experts searched the entire plane but found nothing.
An investigation was launched to trace the unknown caller as well as the motive behind the hoax.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- ED summons former Air Chief Marshal S.P. Tyagi
- DNA: When will Muslim women get freedom from triple divorce?
- NHRC issues notice to Rajasthan government over death of 11 children in home
- Delhi: 10-year-old boy dies due to overdose of Vitamin D
- Haryana: Groom injured in celebratory firing at wedding in Hissar
- Ex-servicemen suspend OROP protest, threaten to intensify agitation if demands not met
- West Bengal goes for fifth phase of polling on Saturday
- Tajikistan bans Russian-style surnames for children
- S&P keeps UK on triple-A rating, says expects no Brexit
- Google Translate turns 10: Five interesting things you want to know about it