Bomb scare hits rail services in Bangladesh
Dhaka: Train services on two routes in northwest Bangladesh were suspended Saturday after a bomb-like object was found lying on a rail track in Dinajpur, along the border with India`s West Bengal state.
Residents of Bochaganj sub-district saw a box connected by two wires that was lying on the rail track around 9 am, and informed railway officials, the Daily Star reported.
Trains between Dinajpur-Panchagarh and Dinajpur-Thakurgaon were suspended.
A nine-member bomb disposal squad reached the spot around 3 pm and examined the box, but did not say whether it was an explosive.
Dinajpur is around 280 km from Dhaka.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Attack on African nationals: Gen VK Singh slammed for his statement
- Nuke-armed Pakistan can 'target' Delhi in 5 minutes, claims AQ Khan
- Gorilla shot dead after child falls into enclosure at Cincinnati Zoo!
- Are increasing attacks on African students racial in nature?
- Are increasing attacks on African students racial in nature? - Part II
- Here's what Yuvraj Singh said after his long wait for IPL trophy ended
- Meet 'Haryana ki Sherni' Anushka Sharma from 'Sultan'! See LATEST pic
- Anxious mother fox waits while men work to rescue her trapped cub– Watch the emotional moment!
- Attention Malaika! Hubby Arbaaz Khan is all set to romance Sunny Leone on reel
- Fallujah offensive against Iraq: Five things you need to know about