Bomb scare hits rail services in Bangladesh
Dhaka: Train services on two routes in northwest Bangladesh were suspended Saturday after a bomb-like object was found lying on a rail track in Dinajpur, along the border with India`s West Bengal state.
Residents of Bochaganj sub-district saw a box connected by two wires that was lying on the rail track around 9 am, and informed railway officials, the Daily Star reported.
Trains between Dinajpur-Panchagarh and Dinajpur-Thakurgaon were suspended.
A nine-member bomb disposal squad reached the spot around 3 pm and examined the box, but did not say whether it was an explosive.
Dinajpur is around 280 km from Dhaka.
- ISRO successfully launches IRNSS-1G into the orbit
- IRNSS-1G launch: It's a great gift to people of India from scientists, says PM Modi
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights?
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights? - Part II
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights? - Part III
- West Bengal polls: Bhawanipur to witness star-studded electoral battle
- Grenade attack on police post in J&K's Anantnag, security tightened
- World Immunisation Week: Narendra Modi government proactive, Mission Indradhanush good initiative - Praises from Gavi CEO
- Kareena Kapoor Khan, Amrita Arora's boxing session will give you fitness goals! – See pictures
- Sourav Ganguly bats for Salman Khan, says actor will bring in visibility to Rio Olympics as Indian contingent's Goodwill Ambassador