Bomb scare hits rail services in Bangladesh
Dhaka: Train services on two routes in northwest Bangladesh were suspended Saturday after a bomb-like object was found lying on a rail track in Dinajpur, along the border with India`s West Bengal state.
Residents of Bochaganj sub-district saw a box connected by two wires that was lying on the rail track around 9 am, and informed railway officials, the Daily Star reported.
Trains between Dinajpur-Panchagarh and Dinajpur-Thakurgaon were suspended.
A nine-member bomb disposal squad reached the spot around 3 pm and examined the box, but did not say whether it was an explosive.
Dinajpur is around 280 km from Dhaka.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- Former Pakistani spinner Arshad Khan now a taxi driver in Sydney!
- SC intervenes into Khap panchayat's rape order of two UP sisters, seeks report from Akhilesh govt