Bomb scare hits rail services in Bangladesh
Dhaka: Train services on two routes in northwest Bangladesh were suspended Saturday after a bomb-like object was found lying on a rail track in Dinajpur, along the border with India`s West Bengal state.
Residents of Bochaganj sub-district saw a box connected by two wires that was lying on the rail track around 9 am, and informed railway officials, the Daily Star reported.
Trains between Dinajpur-Panchagarh and Dinajpur-Thakurgaon were suspended.
A nine-member bomb disposal squad reached the spot around 3 pm and examined the box, but did not say whether it was an explosive.
Dinajpur is around 280 km from Dhaka.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- The Kapil Sharma Show: No Sunday episode this weekend? Here’s why
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Reliance Jio closes in on 50 million paid users