Bomb scare hits rail services in Bangladesh
Dhaka: Train services on two routes in northwest Bangladesh were suspended Saturday after a bomb-like object was found lying on a rail track in Dinajpur, along the border with India`s West Bengal state.
Residents of Bochaganj sub-district saw a box connected by two wires that was lying on the rail track around 9 am, and informed railway officials, the Daily Star reported.
Trains between Dinajpur-Panchagarh and Dinajpur-Thakurgaon were suspended.
A nine-member bomb disposal squad reached the spot around 3 pm and examined the box, but did not say whether it was an explosive.
Dinajpur is around 280 km from Dhaka.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof