Bombing kills Pak soldier in North Waziristan
Islamabad: A Pakistani army soldier was killed today in the restive North Waziristan tribal region after being hit by a bomb planted by militants, the military said.
"Niak Fiaz Mhammad embraced `shahdat` (martyrdom) today in Miranshah during search operation when an IED exploded," the military said in a statement.
Pakistan launched a military operation last month against local and foreign militants in North Waziristan on the Afghan border.
It has killed over 370 militants so far.
The operation has displaced close to 600,000 people.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- Serial child rapist arrested in Delhi, says 'preyed on girls for sexual satisfaction, enjoyed it'
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert