Bombing kills Pak soldier in North Waziristan
Islamabad: A Pakistani army soldier was killed today in the restive North Waziristan tribal region after being hit by a bomb planted by militants, the military said.
"Niak Fiaz Mhammad embraced `shahdat` (martyrdom) today in Miranshah during search operation when an IED exploded," the military said in a statement.
Pakistan launched a military operation last month against local and foreign militants in North Waziristan on the Afghan border.
It has killed over 370 militants so far.
The operation has displaced close to 600,000 people.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ceasefire violations by Pak: Should India carry out surgical strike part-II?
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- Meet Lynlee Hope - Texas baby who was 'born' twice!
- DNA: Zee Media's campaign to celebrate Diwali with soldier's family
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Diwali 2016: Dhanteras Puja timings, Tithi and Vidhi
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- UPA govt thought of attacking Lashkar HQ, training camps after 26/11 strike, claims ex-NSA Shivshankar Menon