Bombing kills Pak soldier in North Waziristan
Islamabad: A Pakistani army soldier was killed today in the restive North Waziristan tribal region after being hit by a bomb planted by militants, the military said.
"Niak Fiaz Mhammad embraced `shahdat` (martyrdom) today in Miranshah during search operation when an IED exploded," the military said in a statement.
Pakistan launched a military operation last month against local and foreign militants in North Waziristan on the Afghan border.
It has killed over 370 militants so far.
The operation has displaced close to 600,000 people.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Attack on African nationals: Gen VK Singh slammed for his statement
- Nuke-armed Pakistan can 'target' Delhi in 5 minutes, claims AQ Khan
- Gorilla shot dead after child falls into enclosure at Cincinnati Zoo!
- Are increasing attacks on African students racial in nature?
- Are increasing attacks on African students racial in nature? - Part II
- Abu Dhabi hotel guests to pay new fee on bills - Know what it is
- India to drive world growth for next 10 years: Goh Chok Tong
- Mexican authorities rescue kidnapped football star Alan Pulido
- Car bomb kills 11, wounds 18 in Shaab Shi'ite district of Baghdad: Police
- Priyanka Chopra is granny's little girl! Throwback pic inside