Bombing kills Pak soldier in North Waziristan
Islamabad: A Pakistani army soldier was killed today in the restive North Waziristan tribal region after being hit by a bomb planted by militants, the military said.
"Niak Fiaz Mhammad embraced `shahdat` (martyrdom) today in Miranshah during search operation when an IED exploded," the military said in a statement.
Pakistan launched a military operation last month against local and foreign militants in North Waziristan on the Afghan border.
It has killed over 370 militants so far.
The operation has displaced close to 600,000 people.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Aamir Khan's 12-day mystery: From lauding Modi's 'positive India' to dubbing India as 'intolerant'