Bombs hurled at Bangladesh Secretariat
Dhaka: Unidentified attackers Sunday hurled two bombs at the Bangladesh Secretariat in Dhaka, one in front of the home ministry, but no one was injured in the incident, officials said.
The explosions took place during a strike called by the opposition Bangladesh Nationalist Party (BNP)-led 18-party alliance to protest the disappearance of party leader Ilias Ali, the Daily Star reported.
Home Minister Shamsul Haque Tuku called an urgent meeting after the blasts, and said a combing operation would be carried out across the country to prevent recurrence of such incidents.
"The bombs went off simultaneously around 4.15 p.m., causing panic among the officials and pedestrians there," said Mahfuzul Haque, public relations officer at the ministry.
Bomb experts were called to examine the kind of explosives used.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday