Bring no-confidence motion: Gilani to PML-N
Lahore: Pakistan Prime Minister Yousuf Raza Gilani has challenged the Pakistan Muslim League-Nawaz (PML-N) to bring a no-confidence motion against him and impeach the President if the party has the courage.
"The only way to unseat me democratically is through a vote of no-confidence and the President can only be removed through impeachment. If you have the courage then go ahead and use the available option," the Daily Times quoted Gilani, as saying.
Gilani said he would not resign on somebody’s wishes, since he has the complete support of Parliament.
He challenged the PML-N members to resign from their seats in the National Assembly and play the role of a real opposition.
"How can they protest against the government when they are in the government themselves? They would have to resign from their seats to launch protests," he said.
"If the PML-N goes for a long march, it will be unconstitutional," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How do you cope up with ever changing environment in life?
- Exclusive interview with APJ Abdul Kalam’s aide Srijan Pal Singh
- Russian aircraft Mi-28 crashes during an aerobatics show
- Shravan month begins, devotees throng Shiva temples
- MCA lifts ban on Shah Rukh Khan from visting Wankhede staduim
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- 2nd T20: Shahid Afridi, Anwar Ali help Pakistan win thriller against Sri Lanka
- Pakistan releases 163 Indian fishermen as goodwill gesture
- Two Indians freed from ISIS captivity in Libya to head home, fate of other two unknown
- Drishyam earns Rs 17 cr in 2 days, Bajrangi clocks Rs 283 cr