Bring no-confidence motion: Gilani to PML-N
Lahore: Pakistan Prime Minister Yousuf Raza Gilani has challenged the Pakistan Muslim League-Nawaz (PML-N) to bring a no-confidence motion against him and impeach the President if the party has the courage.
"The only way to unseat me democratically is through a vote of no-confidence and the President can only be removed through impeachment. If you have the courage then go ahead and use the available option," the Daily Times quoted Gilani, as saying.
Gilani said he would not resign on somebody’s wishes, since he has the complete support of Parliament.
He challenged the PML-N members to resign from their seats in the National Assembly and play the role of a real opposition.
"How can they protest against the government when they are in the government themselves? They would have to resign from their seats to launch protests," he said.
"If the PML-N goes for a long march, it will be unconstitutional," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Indrani Mukerjea confesses to her role in Sheena Bora murder case
- 'Insulted' Samajwadi Party walks out of 'Janata Parivar', to contest Bihar polls alone
- BJP-RSS review meet, Day 2: NDA's education policy, Patel quota stir on agenda
- Sheena Bora on Indrani Mukerjea in her diary: `I hate my mother...she is a witch`