Bring no-confidence motion: Gilani to PML-N
Lahore: Pakistan Prime Minister Yousuf Raza Gilani has challenged the Pakistan Muslim League-Nawaz (PML-N) to bring a no-confidence motion against him and impeach the President if the party has the courage.
"The only way to unseat me democratically is through a vote of no-confidence and the President can only be removed through impeachment. If you have the courage then go ahead and use the available option," the Daily Times quoted Gilani, as saying.
Gilani said he would not resign on somebody’s wishes, since he has the complete support of Parliament.
He challenged the PML-N members to resign from their seats in the National Assembly and play the role of a real opposition.
"How can they protest against the government when they are in the government themselves? They would have to resign from their seats to launch protests," he said.
"If the PML-N goes for a long march, it will be unconstitutional," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list