Bring no-confidence motion: Gilani to PML-N
Lahore: Pakistan Prime Minister Yousuf Raza Gilani has challenged the Pakistan Muslim League-Nawaz (PML-N) to bring a no-confidence motion against him and impeach the President if the party has the courage.
"The only way to unseat me democratically is through a vote of no-confidence and the President can only be removed through impeachment. If you have the courage then go ahead and use the available option," the Daily Times quoted Gilani, as saying.
Gilani said he would not resign on somebody’s wishes, since he has the complete support of Parliament.
He challenged the PML-N members to resign from their seats in the National Assembly and play the role of a real opposition.
"How can they protest against the government when they are in the government themselves? They would have to resign from their seats to launch protests," he said.
"If the PML-N goes for a long march, it will be unconstitutional," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand