Brit kid’s kidnappers ‘had no prior plans of abduction’
Last Updated: Friday, March 26, 2010, 16:05
  
Islamabad: The Pakistan police have claimed of arresting two kidnappers who were involved in the abduction of a five-year-old British boy, Sahil Saeed, earlier this month.

Parading the two hooded and shackled kidnappers before the media, officials said they were on the look out for nabbing the other two suspects.

Local television footage showed the two men with covered faces, surrounded by police officers.

“We had no prior planning to kidnap this boy,” one of the suspects was heard saying.

Regional police chief, Aslam Tarin, told media persons during a press conference that the arrested men were part of an international gang.

“We have arrested two members of this international gang,” The Dawn quoted Tarin, as saying.

Tarin said the men had raided Sahil’s grandmother’s house in Jhelum with the intention of robbing it, and had then kidnapped the toddler.

“They couldn’t find much, so they decided to take the boy and make a demand for ransom,” Tarin said.

“One is Safeer from Lala Musa and other is Imran from Rawalpindi, who are already wanted in various crimes of kidnapping for ransom and murders after kidnapping,” he added.

Tarin, however, did not disclose when the men were arrested.

Sahil was released after 13 days when his father Raja Saeed reportedly handed over a GBP 110,000 ransom in Paris.

A Pakistani man and a Romanian woman were among five people arrested by police in France and Spain last week in connection with the kidnapping case.

ANI


First Published: Friday, March 26, 2010, 16:05


comments powered by Disqus